I'm late in the game (the first week of this course was our final week of pre-sessional with nothing but exams, resits and many late nights marking, last week I had a journal issue due out, and this week I was finishing off final corrections on my thesis which was submitted on Thursday!) I hope I'm still able to participate now that I have a week off to fully commit! Today I'm watching lessons 2 and 3, but here's my week 1 HW. Homework #1 Should it be done? •Who would read/use my material? English teachers, teaching students of any level/ L1 and in any context •Why? What would they gain from it? Regardless of teachers' knowledge of pronunciation (something which is often lacking due to minimal training) the book would give them downloadable or printable 'tools' to use to assess (diagnostically) what their learners are struggling with in terms of perception and production of English- there are very few diagnostic tools available anywhere online or in books a...
Remember that you'll need your cover as a separate file, as a jpeg for ebooks and a .pdf for paperbacks--but we'll just start with the ebook. I'm not sure about the size... did you check the templates on Canva? Is that where you made this? If you used a different program, check the website listed on our ppt slides that gives ebook cover sizes.
ReplyDeleteI like the image, but I'd love to see your title larger... like, a LOT larger. Take up at least the whole line, but consider using two or three lines, like
Read Faster
and
Comprehend More
Make your name larger, too--no need to be shy! You can fill most of the bottom line (and remove "by"). Italics are not standard for book covers, so try making that just plain roman.
I like the way the cover image feeds into the first spiderweb metaphor and image in the first chapter.
Dorothy Zemach Hello Dorothy, I made those first two covers as word docs and didn't check the sizes, I also used images that were copyrighted and not available for free commercial use. Therefore, I made and uploaded to the Google community another 4th cover using Canva and saved as both a jpeg and a pdf. I included the suggested changes in this last cover design
ReplyDelete: )
I also wanted to make sure that the text of my first chapter was correctly laid out before I tried to upload to an epub converter.
Thank you for your time!