Hi Everyone, I'm very happy to be here. My name is Kevin and I'm a high school English teacher here in Japan. I used to blog a lot and sometimes write short stories for English language learners. I also am interested in basic reading research. So I was thinking about combining all of this together to try and put together a sample chapter of a book which contains: 1) a very short story of 500-1000 words with ~90% of the vocabulary consisting of the most frequent words of English 2) two to three pages of theory about how reading skills are developed and how reading the short story can help develop those skills 3) a series of activities to be used in lessons, or by a parent with their child, or by a group of friends which is also based on the theory in part 2. The completed chapter will, I hope, be about 8 to 10 pages and will serve as the template for the rest of the book. I'm also really excited to spend time with other teachers who are interested in material development and...
Welcome! Hopefully you'll be able to create something, or at least plan something, that would also relate to your job. Not that that's a requirement of this course, though.
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne - good to see you in a course again!
ReplyDelete