Hi Everyone, I'm very happy to be here. My name is Kevin and I'm a high school English teacher here in Japan. I used to blog a lot and sometimes write short stories for English language learners. I also am interested in basic reading research. So I was thinking about combining all of this together to try and put together a sample chapter of a book which contains: 1) a very short story of 500-1000 words with ~90% of the vocabulary consisting of the most frequent words of English 2) two to three pages of theory about how reading skills are developed and how reading the short story can help develop those skills 3) a series of activities to be used in lessons, or by a parent with their child, or by a group of friends which is also based on the theory in part 2. The completed chapter will, I hope, be about 8 to 10 pages and will serve as the template for the rest of the book. I'm also really excited to spend time with other teachers who are interested in material development and...
Me too! I have 8 covers now :)
ReplyDeleteI think I like that fiery one best but I'm no expert!
Swim Finn If you have a free moment, please could you give are me your thoughts on my covers? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThis is a good one. I'm instantly drawn to it. I much prefer it to the two with the speech bubbles.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like this one. The fiery one too, and I think not the countryside one. I like the play on 'art.'
ReplyDeleteIf you decide to go with a speech bubble, how about this one? (free on pixabay).
ReplyDeletepixabay.com - Franz Winterhalter Painting Oil On · Free photo on Pixabay
I like this cover, too! But I also like Dorothy's idea above :) Wow, so many options. How are you going to decide? I only have to choose colors and fonts on my cover, and I'm already confused!
ReplyDeleteOne nice thing about self-publishing is that it's really easy to change covers. So if your book wasn't selling at all, you could try another cover and see if that made a difference.
ReplyDeleteI like Cover 3 best - Clear and simple
ReplyDeleteI like this one best too - you 'get it' immediately!
ReplyDelete